- What is a SOA – Service Oriented Architecture
- Introduction to REST-API and REST-Assured
- REST Assured -Setting up environment using Maven
- Setting up environment without Maven
- Installation of TestNG
- Introduction to HTTP methods
- Send GET request using REST-Assured
- Send POST request using REST-Assured
- Send PUT request using REST-Assured
- Send DELETE request using REST-Assured
- REST-Assured Extracting values from the response.
- JSON Schema Validation In Rest Assured
- Send Query Parameter using REST-Assured
- Get Response Body in REST-Assured using JSONPath
We will learn How to Install TestNG in Eclipse for creating a good Testing Framework, it will help us write code to test efficiently and will make the code readable. Also TestNG makes the execution of a test very easy. Follow below steps to install TestNG in Eclipse.
TestNG installation can be done in two different ways if one doesnt work for you try another.
First we will look at installation from Eclipse Marketplace
1. Click Help – Eclipse Marketplace :
In search tab type TestNG. You will see TestNG like below :
2. Click on Install and the installation will be started. You will see a window like below once installer downloads everything required.
3. Click Confirm. You will see a window like below.
4. Once you click on I agree, and Finish, it will start installing the TestNG to Eclipse. You will need to restart Eclipse to take effiect.
Now your TestNG is installed, but you cannot yet use it in your project. You need to configure your project for TestNG.
5. Right click on your project in Project Explorer – TestNG – Convert to TestNG. If you cannot see TestNG after you right click on your project, this means your TestNG is not installed.
6. After you click Convert to TestNG, the following window will appear :
Click on Finish, and your project is ready for TestNG too.
There is one more method for installation of TestNG, if the above method of Eclipse Marketplace did not work for your try the below method
1. Click on Help > Install New Software. Follow the instructions in the snapshot below.
2. A new window ‘Install’ will popup. Click ‘Add’ and fill the information like below :
URL : http://beust.com/eclipse/
3. Click ‘Add’ button, Your will TestNG is listed in the blank area. Click on the Radio button and click on ‘Next’ button.
4. Once you Click ‘Next’ there will be a new window ‘Install Details’. Click ‘Next’ on it.
5. After clicking ‘Next’ there will be a new window for ‘Review Licenses’ . Click on ‘I Accept the Terms of License Agreement’ and click ‘Finish’.
You will notice that the installation is started and will take a little time to download. You may need to restart the Eclipse after the installation is finished.
6. The installation is completed. Now its time to use it for our project.
Right Click on your project in Project Explorer > TestNG > Convert to TestNG. A new window will popup like below. Click on ‘Finish’ and your project will be converted to TestNG project.
Congratulations your are done with your TestNG installation. Please drop comments below if you face any issues while the setup, we would be glad to help.